IF ANY EXHIBITOR IS INTERESTED IN SHOWING DAIRY CATTLE, PLEASE CONTACT THE FAIR OFFICE AT 248-634-8830 BY JUNE 1, 2019.
DIVISION 1:DAIRY CATTLE
- Exhibitors must read and follow General Rules and Livestock Department Rules. Exhibitor must follow all MDARD Animal Health Requirements as posted on Fair web site: www.oakfair.org. Call the Fair Office to obtain a copy of these requirements or go to www.michigan.gov/mda-exhibitorinfo .
- All cattle must be de-horned or stumps from dehorning must not be over 2 inches in length from clipped hairline.
- FOR SAFETY REASONS, CATTLE MUST BE RESTRAINED WITH TIE HALTER AND NECK STRAP AND SECURED WHEN STALLED.FITTING AND GROOMING WILL BE ALLOWED IN DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY.
- All beef must be under control of the exhibitor and the exhibitor must show awareness of correct procedures to show the animal.See Livestock Rule #17 for additional requirements.
- Five to Seven-year-old exhibitors may show in competitive showmanship and calf classes.If so, they will follow all check in/check out times and rules.Five to Seven-year-old exhibitors may show in noncompetitive classes and bring in or borrow an animal from another exhibitor for the day of the show but cannot do both competitive and noncompetitive in the same Livestock areas.See General Rules #1 Eligibility.
Premium Payout Information for all classes: see General Rules, Rule 17.
Do not pre-register for Championship Classes.
Barn Set Up for Fair: Tuesday, July 2nd at 5 pm
Check In Date: Saturday, July 6th from 6-9 pm and Sunday, July 7th from 8 am to NOON
Weigh In:At check in
Monday, July 8th at 6 pm.
Market Entries:See Department 11
Large Animal Auction:Saturday, July 13th at 6:30 p.m.
Animal Release: 6:00 pm, the last Sunday of Fair.Exhibitors are responsible for their projects until they have been loaded for removal from the Fair.
Beef and Calf Records, Consumer Education, Skills for Life, and Notebook. See Animal Education, Dept. 1 in thisFairbook.
DIVISION 1: BEEF SHOWMANSHIP
Placing: 1 through 6 Rosettes, class trophy and Premium Money.Grand Champion $10 and special award, Reserve Grand Champion $8 and Rosette.Showmanship is highly encouraged.Calf Showmanship will be shown as a beef class with the class using beef showing guidelines and standards.
040101Senior Beef Showmanship (ages 15-19)
040102Intermediate Beef Showmanship (ages 12-14)
040103Junior Beef Showmanship (ages 8-11)
040104Beef Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Showman-The best senior or intermediate showman is expected to compete in Sweepstakes.
040105Senior Calf Showmanship (ages 15-19)
040106Intermediate Calf Showmanship (ages 12-14)
040107Junior Calf Showmanship (ages 8-11)
040108Competitive Calf Showmanship (ages 5-7)
040109Calf Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Showman.The best senior or intermediate showman is expected to compete in Sweepstakes
DIVISION 2:BEEF BREEDING STOCK
Placing:1 through 6, Strip Ribbons and Premium Money.Champion will receive a banner and Reserve Champion will receive a rosette.
- Animals shown in breeding classes cannot show in market classes.
- Breeding stock must be under ownership by Discovery Day of the current year.Discovery Day tag-in day.(Contact the superintendent if you have any questions.)
- All ages based on the animal’s ages on July 1st of the current year.
- 5-7 Competitive exhibitors may only enter class 4-B-1.
040201Heifer Calf under 1 Year of age and over 3 months
040202Yearling Heifer over 1 year of age and under 2 years old
040203Heifer over 2 years and under 3 years old
040204Cow 3 years or older
040206Grand Champion and Reserve Champion Beef Breeding Stock