Oakland County Fair Junior Advisors
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oakland County Fair Junior Advisors. We are excited about expanding the involvement of our youth in the planning, preparation and presentation of the annual Oakland County Fair. Candidates must be age 13 – 18 by 1/1/19.
The purpose of the Junior Advisors is to provide young adults with an opportunity to develop leadership skills, perform community service and become aware of the business and operations of the Oakland County Fair, and act as ambassadors between the Fairboard and youth.
• Complete the Junior Advisor application for the 2019 Oakland County Fair. It must be turned in to the fair office by midnight March 25th, 2019. You will be notified before Discovery Day.
• You must meet the age requirements stated on the application and live in Oakland County, Michigan.
• For the 2019 Oakland County Fair, the term will run from Discovery Day 2019 to the end of Fair. You may re-apply for next year when the term will begin in September for the 2020 Fair.
• Attend at least one regular Fairboard meeting before Fair begins.
• Attend 2-3 meetings with the Area Coordinator before the beginning of Fair to plan your activities. The Area Coordinator will
be flexible with your schedules and try to schedule meetings such that all participants can attend.
• Attend one or more 7:00AM Fair Board Meetings during Fair Week. Be prepared to give a report regarding your activities and also share feedback from other youth or fairgoers.
• Be responsible for two or more activities such as a pre-fair workshop, Daily Events activity or other activity to be agreed upon by the Junior Advisors and Area Coordinator, and be available for at least one or more PRE-ARRANGED Fairboard jobs, as needed.
• Abide by the Fairboard Code of Conduct. Use appropriate dress, behavior, and language when representing the Fair. Conduct yourself in a courteous and respectful manner, exhibit good sportsmanship, provide positive role models for all youth and adults and act with personal integrity at all times.
• You may be removed at any time during your term for inappropriate, unacceptable behavior or not fulfilling your duties.
• Have fun, enjoy Fair and learn a lot about what goes into making the Oakland County Fair a success!